Old 15-11-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default chrysanthemum cuttings

Is it possible to take cuttings from cut flowers? There are so many nice
varieties in the florists, and it seems a shame to bin them. I know
they're easy to propagate, but how would you go about it at this time of
year? I have a small plastic type greenhouse outside and the odd window
sill inside, but basically not a lot of room.
Also, I can't say I'm keen on the big showy types. Are there some old
fashioned single flower varieties that I could look out for next year? I
particularly like the brick red ones I remember as a kid, and any late
flowering types would be of interest.
Can't get over how crazy these plants are producing all this colour in
mid November!