Old 15-11-2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Questionable transplants?

In article ,
"Wild Bill" wrote:

I've been asked by a local nursery to grow a number of veggie starts for
them this Spring. Among the plants they want are cantalope, watermelon,
pumpkins, cucumbers and dill. I have some reservations about these because I
think they don't like to be transplanted. Am I correct, or do you experts
think otherwise?

shrugs I've personally never had any problems transplanting them!
The nice thing about 4" pots is that the whole "plug" goes into the
ground with minimal root disturbance.

Just be sure to protect them from bugs. g

Happy gardening! Doing stuff like this can be incredibly profitable,
especially if you can get bulk or used flats and pots for next to
nothing.

Good luck!
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein