Old 15-11-2007, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Tree dahlias and frost

Sacha wrote:
On 15/11/07 18:06, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

We have now had 2 nights of frost, one last week and another last
night.
The dahlias are black, except for the tree dahlias, see pics of this
years seedlings
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...202007/15th%20
Nov/

David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Amazing how these seems to keep going. 'Your' D. excelsa is flowering
happily.
--
Sacha

My best so far is the last flower going over 3 days before Xmas 3
years ago, I want a dahlia in flower for Xmas day outside.
Who knows we may get it this year with luck, there are enough buds to
go on for a few weeks.
David Hill
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon