Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Willow

Default Mulch for Herb Gardens

My herb garden is located underneath the pergola in my backyard. It receives
morning light year-round, but no direct water due to the corrugated
fiberglass sheeting ontop of the pergola. What's the best form of mulch for
herb gardens? I would prefer something that is going to beef up the soil,
but not leach out too much nitrogen. I've thought about chicken poo, either
in the form of dynamic lifter or poo from a farm nearby that sells the
stuff, but I know it wouldn't last a day due to the dog thinking that the
stuff is a special treat just for her. I was using hay on most of the
garden, but found my garden beds full of weeds after the last bale.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~