Old 16-11-2007, 12:55 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default water lily propagation

In article
,
sb_mag wrote:

On Nov 15, 7:40 am, Stephen Henning wrote:
About 30 years ago I planted 4 water lilies in an old swimming pool that
was spring fed. The colored lilies had died but the white lily had
taken over then entire 15' x 45' pool.

Thank you to everybody that wrote in with advice.
Now if only I could buy a house with a swimming pool....

Hindsight is 20/20. Our house had a filled-in (sand and gravel, but did
not drain!) swimming pool that filled much of the yard. Was 9ft deep
with small shallow end. Dug it out, broke down sides, and filled with
earth and topsoil. Now have large lemon tree in center and a lot grass
and plantings.