Old 16-11-2007, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default greengage cultivation

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:

| I had a Greengage Tree in the garden of my house in Leicester.
Sadly felled
| to make way for blocks of flats.
|
| The tree was massive. Big enough for me to climb into and eat the
fruit
| :-)))
|
| 25 - 30 ft high with the same spread.
|
| Hope that helps. (No idea its variety or age, but age wise would
guess 20
| odd years)

Boggle. I didn't know that they got that big - the only ones I have
seen have been quite small.

It's on 'Pixie' so it won't get huge but I've not grown gages on that
stock so I can't say with any certainty how big it will get except to
say nowhere near as big as the same thing grown on any of the old
plumstocks.
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp