Old 17-11-2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Misconceptions of Gloabal warming

the evidence for a trigger for the ice age is the melting of glaciers in Greenland
and n. America. that slows down and stops the gulf stream and the ice age comes on
rapidly. it goes away slower. the problem is the CO2 hasnt been this high and
possibly too high for even an ice age.

the melt of methane IN THE OCEANS is even more worrisome. huge collections of this
stuff that is 1. potentially explosive and 2. very toxic. It could be a source of
energy if they figure a way to get it out of there very soon. otherwise it could be
a catastrophic problem. Ingrid

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:44:52 CST, chatnoir wrote:

On Nov 14, 10:19 pm, wrote:
thru the last 7 ice ages the CO2 has never exceeded 300 ppm. We are now well over
300 so we have no basis of knowing what will happen. Ingrid

I don't know? From this link we see trees that are tilting all over
the place due to permafrost melting and houses with foundations ruined
- not to mention the methane bubbling to the surface:

http://www.global-greenhouse-warming...ermafrost.html

I don't know if this has happened in the past? But we can see
changes!

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:26:48 CST, Mike Patterson

The last 4 cooling cycles have been progressivley colder while the
warming cycles alternate in amplitude.