Old 17-11-2007, 10:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince SyrianPrince is offline

Default corm/bulb storage

Thanks everyone,

Common sense really..... anyone know where I can get some of that?

btw they are the woven type, but I think they are designed to keep moisture
out and grains dry, so breathability seems more important, boxes and or
holes it is then....
love and peace
SyrianPrince

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"SyrianPrince" wrote:

Hi Folks,
I am wanting to store out of the ground some corms over summer and was
thinking of reusing chook pellet / grain bags...
Would these be ok? If anyone has a view and is happy to share it I would
be
appreciative.
The corms will go back underground in late summer early autumn.
Previously I
have kept them in a cardboard box and they have been ok, but I need
another
option now... I am concerned they won't breathe, but then again they keep
grain well...

If they are that woven plastic they should be OK, but not if they are just
like garbage bags. It woul be a good idea to punch some extra holes, too.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/