Old 17-11-2007, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Frost

On Nov 17, 5:36 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:15:29 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
On Nov 17, 3:26 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:56:19 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 17/11/07 11:54, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 00:23:32 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/11/07 22:29, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:23:53 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"
wrote:

On Nov 16, 10:16 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:19:03 -0800 (PST), "judith.lea"

wrote:
On Nov 15, 6:24 pm, David in Normandy wrote:
In article , Sacha
says...

On 15/11/07 12:10, in article , "Janet
Tweedy" wrote:

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes

Should I feel just a teensy bit guilty aboout environmental issues?

No but I would feel a bit edgy about someone nicking the car!!

Volvo's have the option, probably best left to the Swedes which can
automatically turn your car heater on at a given time so you can
return
to it nice and warm

My M reg. Volvo had seat warmers for the front seats. I turned it on
for
friend once and she asked me if it was a seat warmer or if she'd had a
'little accident'. ;-)

I borrowed someone's car once many years ago with seat warmers. He'd had
them turned on first thing in the morning when it was cool, but I
couldn't find out how to turn the damn things off so got well and truly
cooked on a 100 mile drive later in the day in hot Summer sunshine.
--
David in Normandy- Hide quoted text -

I believe there are heated lavatory seats!!!

EIIR always gets one when she goes visiting.

Does that mean I have to sit on it first to warm it for her :-)

They installed an electrically heated toilet for her in one place where I
worked
which she officially opened.

How truly ridiculous. She's lived in some of the coldest houses in the
country! ;-)

She didn't use it. She was probably unaware of it.

'Facilities' always have to be available but it's the officious officials
who get themselves into such a silly state.

It was located in the hot rolling mill of a steel works.

Someone once said that HM must
think most of the world smells of fresh paint!

Even when she opens a "new" building. They redecorated the 3rd floor of a
building where I worked when she officially opened it. The building had only
been in use 3 months. It seems to be a very British thing. I have been in
buildings outside UK that royals have opened/visited where nothing was done
except polish the floors prior to the visit.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

When the late Princess Diana opened a wing of my old holspital, my
department was on her list of visits. The corridor was decorated as
was a loo for her personal use. She astounded the officials when she
insisted she went off the newly decorated route, to the service
corridor to have tea with the ladies in the staff canteen!! Of course
everything which had been littering the "decorated route" was stored
in the service corridor. The officials looked as if they were going
to die of shame, I loved it :-)

When EIIR visited the freshly decorated 3rd floor all her entourage tried to get
into the lift with her. The lift went into TILT mode.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

You mean .... ??

Judith