Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Silva Surfa

Default Do I remove the roses!

"Augie" wrote in message

My questions -

1. Do I keep the roses?

See how they grow... grub out any that perisistently send up suckers from
rootstock, and keep the rest. Roses transplant OK mostly. If the couch grass
is a major problem to you and you definitelly want to eradicate it, then
ditch the roses it is virtually impossible to eradicate couch from around
established plants.

2. what other shrubs, etc would be suitable in looks, weather (full sun
and still very exposed at this stage)

Rosemary, dietes, evening primroses, pelargoniums are all worth a try. I
like verbascum, lambs ears and snow in summer too.

3. do I need to re 'weed mat' of any description again,, or can I mulch
over the new bed once I have planted, and removed the cooch (and aim to
keep the cooch out of the beds)

Couch grass sucks. Once an area has been well infested with it you will get
some coming up forevermore.

Thanks in advance!

Augie

Doing up your house?
Australian house renovaters - meet here!