Old 18-11-2007, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Beware who you listen to....

On 18 Nov, 13:13, Sacha wrote:
On 18/11/07 12:40, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

In article , Mary Fisher
says...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. ..

I'd always assumed that if they could be squashed and burst releasing
liquid that they were eggs, but it sounds like that isn't necessarily
the case. I've been removing and discarding some slow release fertiliser
as well as slug/snail eggs then.

But if you squashed fertiliser granules you'd simply have released the
contents into the compost so no problem.

Mary

Good thinking! If in doubt squish 'em anyway, nothing lost!

Well, yes and no. The whole idea is that they are *slow* release, so they
nourish the plant right through the season. ;-) We put them into hanging
baskets, too. Of course, the plant will still get the benefit of the
fertiliser but it will be at once. Personally, I don't find our fertiliser
pellets easily squishable but perhaps different makes vary.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

If you have a bird table then put the "Eggs" on the table, if they get
eaten then they were eggs, if left then they are fertilizer
David Hill