Old 18-11-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Soil makes you happy!

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

[Following the same logic we are just a couple
of dollars worth of inanimate chemicals, whose form, matrix if you will,
conjures up the phenomenon of life. ]

By weight we are made up of 98% of the same chemicals as trees. What makes
us different is the way the chemicals are connected.
(carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus)
Life is a journey powered by the sun. We are made up of chemicals borrowed
from the earth. In death, those chemicals are returned. The theme of life
appears to be buildup and breakdown.

All analogies breakdown at some point, but I prefer to think of it as a
relay race for survival with the baton of life being passed on to the