Old 18-11-2007, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Winter has arrived

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article g3Z%i.8230$cD.2738@pd7urf2no,
"graham" writes:

| The seasons here, in western Canada, are extremely well marked. Wags
will
| say we have 3 months of summer and 9 of winter but Spring and Fall are
well
| delineated. Because of this, time seems to pass that much more
quickly.
| However, I wonder if this sense is also a function of one's age{;-(

I thought that it was 9 months of winter and 3 of poor sledding :-)

In the UK, it seems to be 6 months of winter, and 6 months of a jumble
of spring, summer and autumn.

From memories (I left the UK in 1971) and from when I visit, there are only
two seasons: cold miserable and warm miserable{;-)
Graham