Old 18-11-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Jeff.Lowenfels@gmail.com is offline

Default Soil makes you happy!

On Nov 18, 5:39 am, Ann wrote:
Billy expounded:

John, I know that you are just responding to an attack.

WTF are you talking about? I am not attacking anyone. But, as usual,
you are. Troll.

Don't fall into
the same hole as Clinton when he used the dictionary to define sex
(legally I agreed with him on this but condemn him for his stance on
East Timore and Bosnia). Following the same logic we are just a couple
of dollars worth of inanimate chemicals, whose form, matrix if you will,
conjures up the phenomenon of life.

Obsessed troll.

As much as it grieves me to agree
with the Bush supporting witch from Massachusetts,

You are so off the mark it isn't funny, but that's your agenda isn't
it, troll?

read "Teaming withMicrobes". Some of it is a little lame but by and large it is a good
book. This news group isn't rec.hydroponics. Gardening implies fecund
soil, that can nurture phototrophic creatures. Life begets life.

Which is all I was saying to him in the first place, without the
vitriolic attacks and political bullshit. Really, troll, people can
and do thing of things other than what you think of.

What a sad little man you are.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Thanks, Ann, for the mention of Teaming WIth Microbes: A Gardener's
Guide to the Soil Food Web. The reason I wrote it and the reason
Timber Press published it, is because so darn few books every talk
about what make soil soil. Read most composting books, even, and they
dont acknowledge the soil food web. Heck, even most organic gardeners
still talk about fertilizing.....when they are actually feeding the
microbes who in turn feed the plants. The book is now in its third
printing, being translated into French and all essentially within one
year of publication. It isn't the writing that has caused this book to
be a barn burner.....it is the subject matter...so lacking in the
literature....

Thanks again. and may the microbes be with you and your soil where
ever you go!

Jeff Lowenfels