Old 19-11-2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default fireglow vs bloodgood japanese maple

wrote in message
Hello list,

What is the difference between the fireglow and bloodgood variety of
japanese maples. I googled them, and some said both are very similar
with fireglow being a much smaller and slower growth tree. Can you
confirm? I'm in zone 6b.

Fireglow is much smaller and stays red all season while Bloodgood is a good
bit larger and will green out in the heat of the summer.
I would far prefer the Fireglow as I feel that Bloodgood is way overused,
and I think the fall color of Fireglow is superior. But then I prefer a
smaller more dainty tree anyway and there must be 100 Bloodgoods on my
street.

Look at the site and just decide whether you want a 20 foot tree or a 10
foot tree, assuming you will be living there 10+ years more.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky