Old 18-11-2007, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Bee Boles

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
I'm involved with the International Bee Research Association's collection
of records of bee boles, concentrating on my own area primarily.

www.ibra.org.uk/beeboles

It occurred to me that some of you might have boles which haven't been
recorded. If so, do contact IBRA directly or ask me for more information.

Please :-)

Mary

My neighbour has a beehive-shaped ice house built about 1850 beneath her
garden. It is accessed via a long tunnel and, after descending into it
about half way, you pass a square recess in the stone wall. I recall her
telling me that she discovered it was used to store a beehive in the winter,
since the temperature is fairly constant. Is this the sort of thing you
mean?

someone