Old 19-11-2007, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default photographing flowers

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Some of you post amazing close ups of flowers and panoramic views of
gardens. What camera do you sure?
I listened to an experienced photographer some 2 years ago and got a Fuji
finepix 602 but it is incredibly complicated for what I want to do , what
with macro switches, manual controls, close up and fast and slow speed
settings etc. It is also heavy and quite bulky though I have no doubt to
an experienced photographer it is the Bees Knees.

Would like to get a new camera (flog the old one - we're not a 2 camera
household!) something I can use on flowers plus getting panoramic views of
gardens and our club shows etc to put in the newsletter. (As Editor and
printer I have to resort to drastic measure sometimes to get content for
the pages!)

Brother suggest a Panasonic dmc tz3 and the original friend who is also
photographer says to consider a canon umix 750

Any recommendations?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Janet I don't think you need a new camera. I don't know how much mine
differs from yours, but I have the 610 and can do anything with it. Close up
of a Butterfly, long distance shots when I am cruising. I actually bought it
when we went on our Round the World Cruise last year.

I do shots of reunions and put them on the web site and do video as well.

I feel sure it is a case of getting used to it and using it more.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.