Old 19-11-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default photographing flowers

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Some of you post amazing close ups of flowers and panoramic views of
gardens. What camera do you sure?
I listened to an experienced photographer some 2 years ago and got a
Fuji finepix 602 but it is incredibly complicated for what I want to do
, what with macro switches, manual controls, close up and fast and slow
speed settings etc. It is also heavy and quite bulky though I have no
doubt to an experienced photographer it is the Bees Knees.

Would like to get a new camera (flog the old one - we're not a 2 camera
household!) something I can use on flowers plus getting panoramic views
of gardens and our club shows etc to put in the newsletter. (As Editor
and printer I have to resort to drastic measure sometimes to get content
for the pages!)

Brother suggest a Panasonic dmc tz3 and the original friend who is also
photographer says to consider a canon umix 750

Any recommendations?

Janet

The "spot focus" or equivalent is good for flowers. Instead of the
camera balancing the focus over the whole picture, it only focuses where
the little spot is in the middle. Makes a huge difference in meadows etc
where everything looks the same.