Old 19-11-2007, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default photographing flowers

On 19 Nov, 12:28, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Some of you post amazing close ups of flowers and panoramic views of
gardens. What camera do you sure?
I listened to an experienced photographer some 2 years ago and got a Fuji
finepix 602 but it is incredibly complicated for what I want to do , what
with macro switches, manual controls, close up and fast and slow speed
settings etc. It is also heavy and quite bulky though I have no doubt to
an experienced photographer it is the Bees Knees.

Would like to get a new camera (flog the old one - we're not a 2 camera
household!) something I can use on flowers plus getting panoramic views of
gardens and our club shows etc to put in the newsletter. (As Editor and
printer I have to resort to drastic measure sometimes to get content for
the pages!)

Brother suggest a Panasonic dmc tz3 and the original friend who is also
photographer says to consider a canon umix 750

Any recommendations?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Janet I don't think you need a new camera. I don't know how much mine
differs from yours, but I have the 610 and can do anything with it. Close up
of a Butterfly, long distance shots when I am cruising. I actually bought it
when we went on our Round the World Cruise last year.

I do shots of reunions and put them on the web site and do video as well.

I feel sure it is a case of getting used to it and using it more.

Mike

I have a Fuji finepix 5700 and would have to agree with the above, I
generally leave it set to Auto but I use the two macro settings a lot for
close ups and its a lot better than my previous camara a Kodak. Best
thing I did was put a 1gb card in it so I have it on the highest quality
setting and can still do several hundred pictures which means I always
take several shots using different settings and then discard all but the
best!
Find a flower and have a play
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Hi Janet,
I have just bought a Fuji FinePix 5600 (refurbished --
http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/refurb/shop.php ) for a very good
price.
It is in a different league to my old Olympus C-700.
With the new camera you can use macro to around 5 ft, and wit 10x
optical zoom it's a nice thing, geting used to it before going out to
Egypt and Jordan next year.
If you are havihg problems with your camera why not contact your local
Camera club
http://www.cameraclubs.co.uk/images/...d-Searches.jpg

David Hill