Old 19-11-2007, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default photographing flowers

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

I have a Fuji finepix 5700 and would have to agree with the above, I
generally leave it set to Auto but I use the two macro settings a lot
for
close ups and its a lot better than my previous camara a Kodak. Best
thing I did was put a 1gb card in it so I have it on the highest quality
setting and can still do several hundred pictures which means I always
take several shots using different settings and then discard all but the
best!
Find a flower and have a play

Been there, got a t shirt Charlie
The batteries last about 2 hours then I have to change them It uses
immense energy to show the picture on the screen at the back! I am
forever having to run out to the kitchen to put new recharged batteries
in so the woodpecker or the red kite have flown to outer Mongolia before
I get back to the harden

It is not exactly a camera you can slip in your pocket either, well not
unless you have poacher pockets in your coat, AND it weighs a ton. By
the time you unravel it check the batteries are working (hardly
spontaneous) and focus etc everyone has become so self conscious that
you can not take a quick on the hoof snap. AND people assume that you
are really a Brilliant Photographer in the David bailey class as it
looks so super duper, so they ask all sorts of questions about light
meters and shuttering and lens stuff and I haven't got a clue what they
are on about

Puzzled over the weight as mine is much lighter than my 35mm slr camara
and lighter than the Kodak digital it replaced.
Very puzzled by the battery issue as I bought mine in June have taken
over 500 pictures and never changed the batteries. The only thing I can
think is you are transferring the pictures direct from the camara? I am
now able to take the card out and bung it in a slot in the computer so no
battery power is needed, either that or the batteries have had it.
I use the screen at the back rather than view finder as well but always
turn off after taking pictures.
But would agree that it does not slip into a pocket, I tend to leave it
around my neck but you do look a bit of a tourist!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Charlie I go along with all you say especially battery business. I don't
think I have EVER run out of battery. As far as weight and convenience is
concerned, the Fuji 610 slips into my shirt breast pocket, so I guess it
must be a lot smaller than others we are talking about.

Just weighed it on the kitchen scales. 'Just' under 8 ozs 'old money' ;-)

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.