Old 19-11-2007, 04:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default I need help - Murray Quantum Push Mower

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:04:56 GMT, gecko wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:40:23 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

You might try:

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/wallawmowser.html

http://search.stores.ebay.com/_Lawn-... sifZ1QQsofpZ4

Thanx

Since my post, I bit the bullet and re-connected the disconnected
electric pluggings and tried to start the mower. It starts and runs
fine, which is great. The battery seems quite weak however, so I will
need a charger. I wonder if the battery is 12v? That's my next quest
- to determine that.

I'd expect it would be 12V, but the battery should be marked with that
(and other useful) information.

Gecko

"gecko" wrote in message
. ..
I have inherited a mower from a deceased friend. As far as I can tell
it is about two years old with the following identifiers:

MURRAY 3 in 1
22" 6.5 Quantum
Throttle Free

I find no model number, just a serial number (bar code). If it is
there, I don't know where it is.

It is self-propelled and has key-activated electric start with a
battery stored in the handle.

The key-start will turn over the engine - I haven't tried to actually
start the thing because I don't want to run down the battery.
Therein lies the rub - I don't have the manual nor the charger for the
battery.

I am hoping someone out there has one of these mowers, and can
tell me where I might get a manual and charger. I have googled the
subject and can find nothing useful for these two needs.

Please and thank you

Gecko

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin