Old 19-11-2007, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Bee Boles

"graham" wrote in message

This morning, someone asked, via a radio program, whether he could keep
bees in the city. The Bylaw Officer said that they are classed as
livestock and therefore forbidden. I used to and a friend does still.
The only one that complained was frightened by the bees drinking the
seepage on her hot-tub! A jar of honey cured that!

I supposed if one called them pets, and named each one Eric, one could get
around the by-law{;-)

To be accurate you'd have to call (most of them) Ethel. All the workers are
females, there are very few males (drones) and the queen isn't one. As you
must know .

You must also know that Eric was 'alf a bee ... :-)

I'm sorry you can't legally keep bees on your property, everyone's losing
out!

Mary