Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Fast growing fill-in trees

I need a recommendation for small trees or larger shrubs to form a
quick, cheap wind break and cover while larger and/or slower growing
trees and other plants get going. I have used species of wattle for
this before and they do the job very well. They are hardy, fast
growing, readily available and often die off naturally in a few years
allowing the permanent plants their space.

I have one big problem, we can no longer use wattles, in fact we will be
reducing or eliminating wattles due to the effects of the pollen on
family members with asthma and/or allegies.

So what can I use in place of wattle?

David