Old 19-11-2007, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default photographing flowers

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Some of you post amazing close ups of flowers and panoramic views of
gardens. What camera do you sure?
I listened to an experienced photographer some 2 years ago and got a
Fuji finepix 602 but it is incredibly complicated for what I want to do
, what with macro switches, manual controls, close up and fast and slow
speed settings etc. It is also heavy and quite bulky though I have no
doubt to an experienced photographer it is the Bees Knees.

The problem is that close up work is difficult to do well. You sometimes
need all those settings to do a good job. I recommend getting a good book
and spending some time working out how to set up your camera to take good
close ups.

Here is one I took this summer although to be honest I'm not very happy with
it...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8287/dragonvi0.jpg