Old 20-11-2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Plant ID Plz - 2 Kinds

HettieŽ wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
Was inspired to search around for hanging basket plants from another
post and wanted to get an ID on the following.

http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/...ging-plant.jpg

and

http://www.andyandfrank.com/74%20han...ts%20&%20f.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Those are so pretty. That open air place with the hanging plants looks
so nice. I suppose you have to use a long wand to water them. They
have petunias in hanging planters downtown all over, and I was wondering
how they kept them looking so nice & how they water them. They never
seem to get ratty leaves, and I noticed one place near here has some
beautiful purple-veined ones that trail over a wall. They bloomed all
summer and never got ratty looking.

My petunias in a pot were pretty, then the leaves got so ratty looking
even though I cut them back and they kept blooming in spite of it.

I thought those ones could be million bells petunias, but I think the
other poster was probably correct that they are some small type of
morning glory. I might try some ice plant if that is what the first
picture is. I like it and the way it trails.

From the looks of it and after checking a pile of sites to verify, it
does seem to be an ice plant which more often than not is used as ground
cover.

Reminds me of my star stonecrop which I grow in a pot.. Looks great
trailing down the edge of the pot.