Old 20-11-2007, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Plant ID Plz - 2 Kinds

HettieŽ wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

From the looks of it and after checking a pile of sites to verify, it
does seem to be an ice plant which more often than not is used as
ground cover.

I *think* I saw some seeds for ice plant in T&M catalog, will have to
check the specifics on that. Here I thought it might be some exotic
strain of trailing portulaca :-)

Reminds me of my star stonecrop which I grow in a pot.. Looks great
trailing down the edge of the pot.

Star stonecrop? I've never heard of that.

Whoops.. Star Sedum, aka Stringy Stonecrop.. See, this is why it's best
to use proper names.. (goes to find out proper name)

Sedum sarmentosum

Doesn't flower long though and it's tiny. But does look good hanging,
just not much height mass.