Old 20-11-2007, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default photographing flowers

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Some of you post amazing close ups of flowers and panoramic views of
gardens. What camera do you sure?
I listened to an experienced photographer some 2 years ago and got a
Fuji finepix 602 but it is incredibly complicated for what I want to
do , what with macro switches, manual controls, close up and fast and
slow speed settings etc. It is also heavy and quite bulky though I
have no doubt to an experienced photographer it is the Bees Knees.

Would like to get a new camera (flog the old one - we're not a 2
camera household!) something I can use on flowers plus getting
panoramic views of gardens and our club shows etc to put in the
newsletter. (As Editor and printer I have to resort to drastic
measure sometimes to get content for the pages!)

Brother suggest a Panasonic dmc tz3 and the original friend who is
also photographer says to consider a canon umix 750

Any recommendations?

Janet

I have a Ricoh Caplio R6 (R7 just released). Macro will focus down to 1 cm
(NB can access macro with one touch, which is true of many digital cameras
these days). Optical zoom is 28 - 200 mm - fine for panoramic shots.

It's very light -160 g inc battery. Size is 100 x 55 x 23 mm (lens retracts
completely into body).

Although I haven't tried it yet, you can set it up to take photos at set
intervals of from 5 secs to 3 hours. Might be interesting to take a flower
as it opens and closes.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)