Old 20-11-2007, 06:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Battery Charger Question - need part A-0705L - where can I find it ?

"Bosco" wrote in message
I have a battery charger, Husky brand. It's about the fourth one in a
row I've bought and had break. This one lasted longer than all the
others, combined. Meaning more than one day. Hey I don't explain 'em
it's just how it happened.

Right now it's a $45 paperweight. I believe the problem is a circuit
breaker (at least that's the only description I've found of it.) Part
number A-0705L. It's roughly 1 X 1/2 inch with two prongs sticking
up, one 90 degree from the other, 30A. I only describe it cuz in
other places I've asked several people suggest a house circuit
breaker. It's not one of those ...

The @($#*& manufacturer refuses to sell me the part, wanting me to
ship this 10 lb weight across country so they can put the part in.
I'd buy a new BC but I'm not having good luck with them.

Any ideas? Who might have this part. Is there a workaround ?
Anything ?

BTW, it isn't burned out (no burnt smell on the transformer). It
simply stopped working in the middle of a charge. It had been
charging for a few minutes, humming, then wasn't. It hadn't been
dropped, it was packed away in it's box after every use ( 5 or 6 max).

Thanks !

WTH are you doing to them ? I have 4 - the newest being about 10 years old
and the others 2nd hand at yard sales. One is 12 volt, 10 or 2 amp.
Another is 4 amp, 6 or 12 volt. A 3rd is 12 volt, 10/30/50 amp fast start.
(can't remember when I used that last) And the 4th is in a remote shed -
not sure of it's rating. I use them on small lawn tractor batteries, 6 and
8 volt farm tractor batteries, and regular 12 volt car batteries. I think
they have circuit breakers that automatically reset.