Old 21-11-2007, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default photographing flowers

In article
,
Martin Brown writes

This is one situation where going to Jessops and playing with a few
likely candidates is more likely to get you what you want than
visiting any number of review sites. The spec may be fabulous, but if
the buttons are too close together and fiddly for you to use then it
doesn't really matter how good the optics are.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks Martin, yes I will probably take your advice here.
I do visit a fair few gardens in the summer and like to take photos of
different plants/combinations of plantings, etc. With visits often up to
3 hours long heavy bulky cameras can weigh a fair bit.
I don't put it on video (have no idea how to!) but if I don't put it on
macro sometimes the close up is never as good as it should be.
I also use it to record flower shows and exhibits etc for the newsletter
ad some plants just look better with a darker background so a flash is
often useful.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy