Old 21-11-2007, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_79_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_79_] is offline

Default Silly strawberries help pls

"Broadback" wrote in message
As usual I cut my strawberries right back after flowering, it did not take
long for the leaves to regrow. Unfortunately it did not stop there, they
have attempted to crop and as many as in season. Of course though the
fruits have formed, and grown quite well, they have not ripened. What
action should I take, and will their flowering this strong reduce next
years crop?

Just leave them be. In fact I don't bother with cutting them back at all and
they seem far better than the ones that people do cut back