Old 21-11-2007, 11:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Don[_5_] Don[_5_] is offline

Default bird feeders

On Nov 13, 9:41 pm, "news" wrote:
I've always wanted a bird feeder in the back yard, so
I can watch pretty little birds feeding and singing. I
put up a large bird feeder with sunflower seed type
feed. And I waited, and waited some more......until they
showed up.....a flock of blackbirds....big ugly black-birds
crapping all over, taking over the yard....wanting more...
not exactly the picture perfect sight I was hoping for.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a bird feeder that
will feed the small pretty birds, and yet keep out the
pesky large blackbirds... thx

I've resorted to using a big hammer a few times ... stop feeding them
for a few weeks. The big birds move on, but the little ones seem to
be based locally and hang around, or at least some like them reappear
as soon as feeding resumes.