Old 22-11-2007, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default photographing flowers

In article , Sacha
writes

I apologise for following my own post but I asked my son which is his camera
and his response was" Mine is a Nikkon D70 and the lens is the one that
comes with the camera. *If someone wants to do REALLY good photos, they need
to get a special macro lens." Being of the point and press brigade myself,
this means little to me but I hope it helps others. (And this new Mac
keyboard is going to gibber me into an early collapse!)

Some of us are still trying to get people's feet in the picture

I have been asked by one gardening Club member to print Christmas cards
from her photograph of her house in the snow last year.
However she had tried to change the sky colour deep blue by just , well
painting over the grey and the branches of their trees
I have had to ask for the original and carefully try and put in a
slightly bluer sky.(she wants it to be a sunny day with the snow!)
Oh and she would like the plants to look better, to tidy up the ivy on
the walls (probably easier via digital camera than climbing a ladder!)

Sometimes people expect too much from the 'tidying up ' process.

I use my camera to try and record actually what I have in the flower
beds. If not I ma constantly surprised through the year as things that I
had forgotten where there, suddenly burst into bloom, yet I never
remember to move them if they are in the wrong position until they are
actually in flower!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy