Old 22-11-2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default angraecum leonis

Well, I found a new site.... I've never come across this page before, but
perhaps I'll go back again.

Anyway, http://www.orchids.mu/Species/Angraecum/index.html has a picture of
Angr. leonis with the growth habit in the background. Culture info as well
as taxonomy (which looks correct, too) I have no idea whether this site just
churns other people's info and pictures, but heck, its a place to start.

K Barrett

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
et...

I picked up an angraecum at the Will Rogers Orchid Society Show last
weekend. I was actually hoping to find the distichum that is on my wish
list. I'm a little confused on the growth characteristics. My reference
book say it is monopodial but then goes on to say the plants are short
with 4 or 5 leaves. I'm a little confused. Is it going to grow like a phal
and only retain 4 or 5 leaves at a time?

Thanks for your help.