Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
J & A Haig

Default Using the rinse water

Gen,

the water useage of a front loader is hardly worth the effort! As well,
you have to be there just at the right time to catch the rinse and not the
suds. The frontloadre is a great contribution to water conservation
anyway.

Good on you for your thoughtfulness but best idea is to try for your
shower/bath water. A bit of soap/shampoo is no problem (compared to highly
alkaline washer water). Would need more that a bucket though to catch that
lot. See if you can get a 200L plastic drum used for chemicals and
stockfeed etc.

If you can arrange the pipework, letting it run to the garden and spread out
is OK. Need a valve to have choice of garden or drain.

good luck, Jim

"Gen" wrote in message
om...
In these drought and water restricted times I am looking at ways of
using the rinse water from my front loading washing machine. One idea
I have heard is to get it to an external and raised 75l garbage bin
with hose attachement at the base.

Any ideas how to get the water outside ??