Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
John Savage

Default Organic Aphid spray? And my rant :-)

"Andrew G" writes:
So any ideas there? Any ideas on a good organic Aphid spray.

Yes. The same one that I suggested to you last time you asked that question!
I could simply refer you to google to read it, but for those others who are
newcomers, or read only infrequently, here it is again:-

Subject: Rogor substitues?

"Andrew G" writes:
We have been spraying the standard roses, ground cover roses, and Daylillies
at work for Aphids, using rogor.

Save your Rogor for another job. Instead, spray with a mixture of metho
and water. I use it in the ratio 1:2 but you are free to experiment with
weaker dilutions. It seems not to harm any plants I've tried it on, and
the aphids die instantly. There couldn't be anything safer (just don't
smoke while mixing it!) and it leaves no residue. I spray liberally on
the buds of roses and new shoots of citrus where aphids accumulate. Do
it properly the first time and no followup spraying seems to be needed.

I think you will find a ratio of 1:4 quite adequate. Experiment first.
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")