Old 22-11-2007, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fred Fred is offline

Default horseradish

Hello,

I planted some horseradish this year. The instructions said (IIRC) to
cut the roots into two inch chunks and plant these in a bucket (to
prevent it spreading like a weed). Then to dig it up this time of
year; use whatever you need for cooking and cur the rest into two inch
lengths ready to plant and start all over again.

Is this about right? What should I do with the ones to plant next
year? Put them in a cool, dark, dry place? When do I plant them next
year?

In the meantime, how do I make horseradish sauce to go with my Sunday
beef? I have found a few recipes that basically mix it with cream but
they don't taste like the stuff in the jars

Thanks.