Old 23-11-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Smitty Smitty is offline

Default Raccoons

He will continue to be a problem. When they come once, they'll come back again. I think I bought my big cage for $25. It has been worth every penny. Take care.
"Reel McKoi" wrote in message ...

"Smitty" wrote in message
You'll have to use a live cage and then take them to the country. Skunks are
also pond killers. When I catch one of those I have to call a critter guy to
come out and euthanize them in the cage. A sad thing to do, but in a city,
skunks and raccoons carry rabies. Strange note, Opossums do not carry
rabies. I catch them too, and they go with the raccoons to the country for
release. Cats are illegal to haul off. They are catch and release. smiling
Get a live cage. It is your only hope. For Raccoons I have to tie the bait
in the cage. They are smart. Once they find your pond they will be back! I
have had the same pond for over 25 years. These things have worked for me.
Good luck!
I live in the country and we have all kinds of critter out here. Most stay
away from the houses because of all the dogs people have. We do have a
Have-A-Heart trap but it's too small for an adult coon and this one is
LARGE.

If this critter continues to be a serious pest it's going to "go" one way or
the other.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.