Old 23-11-2007, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default should i cover my raised garden boxes?

In article ,
sockiescat wrote:

as some of u know im from southwestern ontario. zone 5b.
i did finally manage to get two 4 by 8 raised garden boxes built but
never got them planted until later in the year.
the thing i am wondering now though is what to do with them
for the winter. some people have said i should tarp them, others
have said just leave them.
so my question is should i cover my raised garden boxes as i do
not have a lot of leaves that i can gather up to cover them or
should i just leave them as they are?
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . cyaaaaa, sockiescat.

Cover them or not but if you want soil for organic gardening, feed it
mulch and/or compost. If you are going to be doing chemical gardening,
then it doesn't matter.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars