Old 23-11-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default horseradish

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:35:04 GMT, Fred
wrote:

I planted some horseradish this year. The instructions said (IIRC) to
cut the roots into two inch chunks and plant these in a bucket (to
prevent it spreading like a weed). Then to dig it up this time of
year; use whatever you need for cooking and cur the rest into two inch
lengths ready to plant and start all over again.

Is this about right? What should I do with the ones to plant next
year? Put them in a cool, dark, dry place? When do I plant them next
year?

I've never grown it; don't like the stuff.
You are right that it will spread like a weed if allowed; see it along
hedgerows and grass verges.

Mine died :-(

Mary