Old 23-11-2007, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default horseradish

On 23/11/07 12:06, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

In article ,
Gary Woods says...
"MikeCT" wrote:

Simply grate the horseradish, place in a bowl and add sea salt, black
pepper and wine vinegar.

Make sure you have good ventilation, and if you have a somewhat sensitive
partner, do it when they're out shopping.
But dang, is it good!

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

I made some once and it nearly blew my head off! The vapour
doesn't half clear the sinuses. I just put some root and
cream in a blender. Possibly not the best way to make it
:-)

I've never even tried to make it since some popped up in a flowerbed long
ago. Just trying (and failing) to get it all dug out nearly took my head
off. I realised then and there that making my own was never going to be an
option for me. It's wonderful with warm beef sandwiches, though. Or cold
beef, or hot roast beef..... ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk