Old 23-11-2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default photographing flowers

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
CWatters wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , CWatters
writes

Here is one I took this summer although to be honest I'm not very

happy
with
it...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8287/dragonvi0.jpg

Blimey! I'd be over the moon to get something in focus. I always get

the
wrong part of the shrub or tree in focus and lose the bit that's
particularly attractive or distinctive!

Thats might be because you have the camera set on auto focus. That's the
disadvantage of automatic point and shoot - they are apt to focus on the
wrong thing.

By default they focus on everything/nothing. Use spot focus and they
focus where the spot is. Rocket science.

Yes spot focus is good.