Old 23-11-2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Happy Thanksgiving

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:38:15 -0800, doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

Mexican dialects can be every bit as bad as Aussie slang vs. American
slang speaking "English"! Working with a lot of Tex-mex hispanics and
their kids taking formal "Spanish" in school has been enlightening.

Funniest interchange I ever heard at a 7-11 was between a Mexican trying
to tell an Afghani what cigarettes he wanted.

"Maaboalice"
"I'm sorry"
"Maaboalice"
"Uh"
Pointing, "Maaboalice"

Marlboro Lights was what I was able to figure out.

East College Ave. in Santa Rosa.

Asking waiter at a chinese restaurant what beer they had:
"Mirror. Mirror Rite."