Old 23-11-2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Plant Labels

Hi, Pat: Same general problem, no answers. I'm looking to you to be the
"Guinea pig" G. May I ask how much the e-bay printer cost you? Kenni

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
Hi all,

Over the years the topic of how to make plant labels has come up numerous
times. I have always responded that I made labels using old dot matrix
prints, special UV ink and File Maker Pro. About a year ago my label
manufacturer informed me they were no longer carrying the blank labels
used in dot matrix printers. Over the last year there has been a scramble
between growers buying the last of the blank labels, they are now gone. A
while back my last dot matrix print died and I knew it was time to get out
of the 80's and charge into the technology of the 90s. My 'new' Toshiba
TEC thermal label printer fresh off eBay is scheduled to arrive today. I
am planning to move label printing off the Mac environment to the
PC/windows/Microsoft world. Does anyone have any experience with this
type of printer? I think I am going store the label data in Access and
drive the label making process from there but I am not sure and would love
comments. I am so not ready for this. I guess the apple talk network
comes down next.

Pat