Old 23-11-2007, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default photographing flowers

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article
,
Dave Hill writes

Strange that no one has mentioned a Mono Pod, a lot less to lug
around.
David Hill

Is that you on one leg David or an actual piece of equipment. Where or
how would you balance it so that the camera didn't tip it over?

An actual piece of kit. I use mine frequently as it is much less bulk
or weight than a tripod (and is also very useful as a hiking
pole/walking stick). My carbon fibre monopod weighs less than 500 grams
even when fitted with a good camera mount. It collapses to around 50
cms and extends up to 170cms. You cannot use them as the sole support
for a camera but they do help considerably to steady a camera. Picture
the monopod being used as the front leg of a tripod with your body and
legs being used as the other two.
--
Robert