Old 24-11-2007, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Help - Squirrels ate my garden

Dave Liquorice writes
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:38:50 +0000, K wrote:

Kill 'em, only real solution. They are legally classed as vermin, like
rats, mice etc.

Can you give me a reference to that?

Wildlife and Country Side Act 1981, Part 1, Section 14 together with
Schedule 9 of said Act.

Am I looking at the right bit? Part 1 Section 14 says a person is guilty
of an offence if they release or allow to escape into the wild an animal
not normally resident in the UK or which is included in Schedule 9, Part
1. Schedule 9 Part 1 includes grey squirrel.

But I can't find anything which legally classes grey squirrel as vermin.
Nor anything in here which links grey squirrels with the brown rat or
with mice.
--
Kay