Old 24-11-2007, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default horseradish

On 24/11/07 08:25, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article ,
says...
snip
:-)

I've never even tried to make it since some popped up in a flowerbed long
ago. Just trying (and failing) to get it all dug out nearly took my head
off. I realised then and there that making my own was never going to be an
option for me. It's wonderful with warm beef sandwiches, though. Or cold
beef, or hot roast beef..... ;-)

Its rather good with smoked mackeral too! allthough I stick to the
planting advice I was given many years ago when asking where I should
plant it "In someone elses garden" was the reply!

Yes, the smoked mackerel option is a classic, though I don't like it. Ray
loves it, even prefers it to smoked salmon. Love the last remark - it's
reminiscent of "when's the best time to take cuttings? When the owner isn't
looking"!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk