Old 24-11-2007, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] murielmurex@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default horseradish

On Nov 24, 4:51 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Malcolm" wrote in message

We've got one here, though not about gardening. Visitors are often worried
for the safety of the sweet little lambs gambolling on the grass beside
the unfenced roads. "Don't they get run over?". "Not until they're big
enough" is the answer!

Are you ever tempted to shout out 'Mint Sauce' when they wander near the
road? ;-)

Returning to horseradish, we grated ours and put it in jars in vinegar.
Then when we want some, we take a spoonful or two and mix it with single
cream.

--
Malcolm

Ah!! Horseradish ;-) Takes me back to the war years when we lived in London.
Our "Apartment" (they were called Flats then) had our own garden and Dad
grew Horseradish. :-) I can see a huge Roast Joint with Baked Spuds done
round the Joint and home made Horseradish Sauce :-) I used to get a bit of
bread and soak the juice of the Joint :-)

:-)

Mike

--www.rnshipmates.co.ukfor ALL Royal Navy Association matterswww.rneba.org.uk. The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association.
'THE' Association to find your ex-Greenie mess mates.www.iowtours.comfor all ex-Service Reunions. More being added regularly
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

My children were the same - meat out of the way, usually chicken, bits
of bread and the scramble for the thickened meat juices coating the
bottom of the pan, with bits of chewy stuck on meat if they were lucky!