Old 24-11-2007, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Plant Labels

Frank: How long do you figure it would take you to print, oh, say, 2000
labels?

Pat: Good score, on that printer. It's been a while since I checked, but
even used on e-bay used to be much higher. I'll have to go look some more.
Thanks, Kenni

"Frank H. Kirchner" wrote in message
I have been using the Brother P-touch label maker for several years.
Purchased at an Office Max and have loved it. There are a variety of
different adhesives. The heavy duty has not faded at all. The adhesive
has remained strong despite sun, water etc. I'm totally sold.

Thanks.

Frank
"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
Hi all,

Over the years the topic of how to make plant labels has come up numerous
times. I have always responded that I made labels using old dot matrix
prints, special UV ink and File Maker Pro. About a year ago my label
manufacturer informed me they were no longer carrying the blank labels
used in dot matrix printers. Over the last year there has been a
scramble between growers buying the last of the blank labels, they are
now gone. A while back my last dot matrix print died and I knew it was
time to get out of the 80's and charge into the technology of the 90s.
My 'new' Toshiba TEC thermal label printer fresh off eBay is scheduled to
arrive today. I am planning to move label printing off the Mac
environment to the PC/windows/Microsoft world. Does anyone have any
experience with this type of printer? I think I am going store the label
data in Access and drive the label making process from there but I am not
sure and would love comments. I am so not ready for this. I guess the
apple talk network comes down next.

Pat