Old 25-11-2007, 07:41 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Beautiful rain

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"HC" wrote in message
G'day Len...and others!

Did you get any rain over the last few days? 89mm was recorded just a
few blocks from where I live, but it was very heavy. Today clear,
bright blue skies and the grass is so lovely and green!

Yes another 40mm or so. The pasture and garden are powering on.

My small rainwater tank that I fitted 2-3 weeks ago is now full!!
Yippee!! lovely water to drink....ssshhhh!! don't tell the council
that I'm drinking it, they advertise that rainwater is NOT fit for human
consumption. So if I don't wake up tomorrow, at least I'll know what
killed me!! ROFLMHO!

How weird! I drink nothing but rainwater and it's better than any town
water
I have ever had.

gawd, me too. our rainwater's lovely. in town, the town-water they get is
just completely disgusting (so they probably all drink their rainwater in
secret, like bronwyn ;-) considering our only other choice for drinking is
dam-water (i don't think it's the yabby poo that makes it so brown and
crunchy, but i doubt that it helps ;-) i really do chuckle when townies are
told their rainwater's supposed to be for the garden or the toilet, or
something. dear me.

councils are almost always gaspingly useless, but i think someone from above
comes up with moronic rules with which to torture & exasperate the populace.
kylie