Old 25-11-2007, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rosemary problem

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:22:13 -0500, "BeeCee"
wrote:

Every fall now for several years I have dug some of the rosemary in my
garden, potted in growing medium, and brought it indoors.

Invariably, soon after I have brought it in, the leaves start to get covered
with powdery mildew.

I can usually keep it alive by washing it frequently but it doesn't thrive.

It has been suggested that I should open a window every day and let it have
fresh air but this is impractical as the temperature gets well below
frreezing.

Could it be that I am keeping it too wet? When I pot it I soak it well to
set the roots into the potting medium.

Any suggestions?

Brian

My two rosemary plants grow outdoors all year round (going on 8
years.) I keep them trimmed looking like little Christmas trees, no
extra water, no fertilizer, they seem to grow well on neglect. They
don't mind freezing temperatures. Rosemary doesn't grow well indoors,
the more sun the better it grows. If growing indoors watch for spider
mites.